How It Works
Trackit GPS offers you the best solution for tracking your tools, 24hrs a day, 365 days a year.
We’ve designed our products to fit in with your tool bags, boxes and stacks. You simply choose the GPS device that fits best for you, set up a monthly subscription and you’re done. We will process your order, provide you with a unique log in code and you can start tracking your order as it’s shipped.
Please note: all devices require a monthly subscription via Direct Debit in order to access the tracking platform. Please allow processing time from point of ordering to receiving your unique login reference.
What’s inside the device?
- Market leading GPS unit
- Covert wireless charging system
- Multi network sim card for those difficult environments
This is a general view once you are logged in. We will split the view down into 3 main sections to make it easier for you to understand. We will then identify the main features of each section.
You will see in this section that the HISTORY tab has been selected which has immediately displays the days history on the screen and allows you to define the parameters at the bottom by date and time.
Left side of the GPS Control Panel.
We have selected items 1 to 8 so that you can maximise the use of your GPS tracker.
1) This shows the name you have called your GPS Tracker in the settings menu. (You can rename your device at any time in the settings menu)
2) This show the device as Sleeping. This is because the unit is stationary and it has not detected any movement.
3) The GPS is currently off as the unit is sleeping. When the unit senses movement it will turn itself on.
4) This shows the tracker is connected to a permanent live.
5) This will show speed, direction and altitude of the tracker.
6) This is the closest address the device can find, taken from the Co-ordinates below.
7) This is the last valid GPS fix. If the unit is sleeping then the device will have reported just before it went to sleep.
8) This is the last command the device was sent.
Top left of the GPS Control Panel
If you have more than one GPS Tracker on the Panel this will allow you to see all of the device in one map view.
This will allow you to create a zone and then receive an email or push alert if the tracker leaves that zone, also known as a Geo Fence.
The DMC view shows you information about each tracker when multiple devices are in use.
See an overview of the current traffic flow in order to help you take the fastest route or to see where your device may be slowed in its subsequent movement. Our tools have been connected directly to TomTom servers, giving us unmatched quality of monitoring.
With street view enabled, you will be able to see exactly where your tracker is on the map and in full 360⁰ picture simultaneously, leaving no doubt about where your tracker is.
Top right of the GPS Control Panel
This is where you decide what you want to be alerted for, input your mobile number and email for real time alerts. You can name your device, choose the Icon for the screen view.
This shows you the history of the GPS trackers location, speed, direction and position at each set interval.
This is where you are able to communicate with the tracker. For example you may wish to have the unit report back every 60 seconds. This is where you send this command from.
This arms a motion sensor on the unit, so if the unit senses activity it will send an alert to the recipients in the settings menu contact details.
The Settings Tab on our GPS control panel is one of the most important. This is where you decide how and who is notified and what you would like to be notified about. The 3 contact places are for email alerts. If you click the box for zone you will receive alerts when a unit leaves or enters a zone. Likewise if you choose motion or power you will get these alerts to the same contact details. At the top right you will see that you are able to edit the name of your GPS Tracker. Don’t forget to select UPDATE when you finish adding your information.
Push Settings help with our Mobile App
You may wish to use our App and receive PUSH ALERTS directly to your smart phone. These simple steps will help you do this.
1. OPEN THE APP.
2. INSERT YOUR ACCOUNT/REFERENCE, HIT LOGIN
3. SELECT THE SETTINGS WHEEL
4. SELECT PUSH SETTINGS FROM THE MENU
5. TURN ON THE RELEVANT PUSH ALERTS AS SHOWN IN THE IMAGE ABOVE
6. SAVE THE CHANGES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN.