How can we help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Your monthly direct debit includes
- Unlimited GPS Tracking
- Access online or via the app 24/7
- UK telephone support
- Mobile data roaming so if a particular network is poor in your area it will search for the next best network to attach to
- Post theft assistance if required
No. The battery will track the moment it leaves us. You will have received an email with the unique code. You just enter this as the account reference and that’s it. You will see it arriving at your delivery address.
- We supply a charge pad with the device along with a USB cable & plug. Simply plug the USB cable into the pad and connect to the charger plug.
- When there is nothing sitting on the charge pad the light is green. When you place the device on the pad make sure you move it into place so that the blue light appears.
- If the light is flashing or stays green, simply move the unit you see the blue light appear.
No. This is all included in the GPS Tracking system and there is no contract for you to worry about.
Our App is called “Trackserver” and can be downloaded from either the Play store for Android or the App Store for Apple devices. There is a handy link on the homepage.
The tracker uses GPS satellites to locate itself and the GSM network to communicate this data. There may be some limitations within a building but you will see the GPS bouncing from the location via the roof and windows which assists in locating the GPS Tracker in the unfortunate event of a theft.
No, your Trackit GPS device it is not waterproof. It can be left out in damp conditions for a short period of time but we advise that you treat if like other electrical devices and keep it dry. There is a water sensor inside to help us trace any water damage. Please note, if it appears that the device has been exposed to water it may invalidate your warranty.
The Tracker is robust and will withstand general knocks and bumps that you would expect of a normal battery. It is not designed to be dropped from a height or to withstand strong impacts. Please note, misuse or damage may not be covered under warranty unless it is a manufacturing fault.
- As with most electronic devices that require charging, the life of the battery is subject to how much it is used. The device is designed to last 4-6 weeks with mid level use.*
- We advise charging it once a week and keep a regular check on the battery level via the app or the login portal above.
*Mid Level Usage – If you placed the battery in your van and drove an average of 10 to 20 miles to work, left it there and then drove back we expect this to last 4 to 6 weeks.
- When you setup the app on your phone there is a push alerts section. Please ensure this function is set to on for the battery level
- When the device gets to 20% you will get a push alert. Alternatively you can see the battery level at all times from the app or from a computer.
- You can also add your email address in the settings panel, once entered and saved you will then receive low battery warning emails.
The battery level is reported via the GPS system so if you place the battery outside it will receive a strong GPS signal and allow the correct battery level to be obtained.
No. the device is structured and setup to report to us. Any interference with the sim will stop the tracker working and void any warranty.
No you cannot. We have taken great care to fit these units inside and any interference inside is likely to cause damage. If opened the warranty will be invalid.
Yes. From a computer you can set a zone around the device.
- This could be your home, worksite or location of your van
- Simply select zone from the menu
- Give your zone a name and make sure you tick the device you want the zone to be active around. Confirm that you want this zone set up
- A zone circle should now be present on screen. Adjust the size as required
- Once activated it will alert you if the device leaves the zone. Please ensure you have push notifications set turned on or set to ‘allowed’ on your mobile device
You can get email alerts by inputting your email address into the settings tab on the app or the website login. You can also get push notifications to your mobile phone. All you need to do is login to the app and set them up from the push alerts settings tab.
In your phone settings you need to make sure that your phone is turned on for notifications and pop ups for Trackserver.
Yes, As long as you have your settings turned on for the Trackserver app. Make sure that within the app you have selected this function. Download the app via the homepage.
No. Simply log in using the trackit login above, enter the six figure unique code that you were emailed and you are up and running. If you do have any issues, drop us a call.
Yes you can. Please email us with your request once you’ve made your purchase and we will do this for you within 24hrs. For example you can have “mikesbatterygps” as a login. When you enter this into the account reference you can have all your trackers on the same screen. There are no additional fees for this service.
We do not retain your credit card details, we only retain contact details for you in an emergency or to be able to support you. If we did not have your details we would not be able to support you when the time comes.
Unlike some companies you can actually talk to us, just call 0333 335 5180 . If someone is not free at the time it will divert to our emergency mobile. Please leave a message if we are on another call and we will call you straight back.
Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time. Cancelling a subscription will automatically cancel your 24hr access to the GPS control panel. We can reinstate this at any point if a new subscription and Direct Debit is received. Please contact us in order to do this.
Yes you can, but you will need to confirm via email that you have sold the device so we can issue you with a swap code to give to the new owner, they will then use this to set up their own log in.
Yes and it’s a free service. The device will automatically switch to a local provider ensuring seamless use throughout most European countries. Please see the full list below. There are no additional costs for this service.
|French Southern Territories|
|Vatican City State|
Yes. At this current time we do not have a dedicated support officer but all calls divert out of hours to our emergency number. We will be able to help you locate it and assist with advice in dealing with the police. If the Police wish to speak to us for us to provide specific intelligence then we are more than happy to do this.
We accept that banks make errors from time to time. We instantly receive notification if a payment if not made by the bank. Please make sure we have the correct contact details for you as we will make contact within 24 hours. We will immediately make a 2nd attempt at the direct debit. If this fails and we are unable to speak to you we will immediately cancel the rolling contract and you will no longer be able to see the device.
We offer a 14 day money back guarantee as long as the item is unused and still in its original packaging. We also offer a 12 month warranty on all items supplied by us.
We advise you notify the police at the earliest opportunity, as this maximises the chance of recovery. The device will report its location every 30 seconds. In the event of a theft we can override this. We can also provide specific information to the police which may help them locate it. We can take control of the tracker and expand its reporting if the tracker is inside a building.
You simply tell them you have a GPS tracking unit and to go to our website www.trackGPS.com and tell them your device login. They will then instantly be able to coordinate a structured response to the crime.
Please email or call us and we will restart the device. It may have been one of the networks had an issue. We can reset the device from our system.